Friday, April 3, 2009

What's with the new guy on UFO Hunters?

My favorite TV show on air currently is probably UFO Hunters because I'm pretty much obsessed with Aliens. And believe me obsessed isn't an understatement at all. :P But lately someone has been ruining the UFO goodness. And that person is the new host on the show Kevin Cook. Who's name must really be Karen. ;] Now Kevin has only been on the show for 3 episodes and I already want him to leave. He's a non believer in the most obnoxious way.

Now for those of you that don't know anything about UFO Hunters there are two other hosts on the show, Bill and Pat. There also used to be Scott be he left and got replaced by Kevin. The reason why is really beyond me. But anyway, on the show we know Pat as being a semi believer. He's a believer but he still debunks things and questions if the stories are legit. And then there's Bill, who is my favorite guy on the show. Now he's a 100% believer. Even when signs are pointing to there's no way it's an alien he makes a new, and most of the time crazy, theory about how it in fact is an alien. Which I love about him because I'm watching along doing the same thing.

But there's also new member Kevin who seriously ruins the fun for everyone. He goes into every case as aliens do not exists. And when they have solid proof that it was an other worldly encounter or secret base, he doesn't even admit it. He just say's "There's a possibility." And when they encounter something they can't explain he gets upset. "I really didn't want the facts to point in this direction, I don't know what to think." And in 2 out of 3 episodes he literally laughs at the idea of aliens. Either at Bill himself or the professionals agreeing it's aliens. Bill said he likes when Kevin challenges him and asks him questions because it proves how muc he knows what he's talking about. But I just find it annoying.

Even on Wednesday's episode when they talked about the most interesting alien subject, greys, Kevin managed to ruined it for me. But it doesn't really look like he'll be leaving anytime soon. For now I'll just have to deal with it.

0 comments: