Saturday, April 11, 2009

Smoking Smarties, WTF?

So I was watching the news today, and I saw one of the stupidest news stories I've ever seen. Well it's was more of a promo for the 11 o'clock news. But anyway, the story was talking about smoking candy. It was definitely my WTF moment of the day.

Now when I initially heard that kids were smoking candy I automatically though, "Oh they're lighting up candy and smoking it." I didn't even think something like that was possibly, but apparently it is. So I was looking up the story online for some lolz, and kids have been doing this since 2007. Where the eff have I been? This is seriously the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

It's also a lot easier to smoke candy then you think it would be. It doesn't even involve fire at all. You just crush up smarties and suck them in. And some how the sugar dust turns into smoke. So it's really more like a candy cigar than a candy cigarette, since you don't inhale at all. Are you seriously with this? I mean come on, what's wrong with kids and teenagers? Do they realize how retarded this is. It's pretty much epic fail.

Of course the news has to jump all over this story. It's apparently been all over the news since March. I have to be honest, some of the effects of Smartie smoking are equally as stupid as the story. Apparently if you smoke smarties maggots will feed off sugary dust in your nose. And the dust from the smarties is like razor blades.

If you ask me smoking candy seems pretty harmless. The only risks are choking, coughing, and infections. But you can also get candy logged in your nose or cause your voice box to spasm and close.

This whole thing is pretty loltastic to me. I can't believe something like this is a fad. That's just supid.

0 comments: