Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Learning Japanese

I got really bored the other day and decided to learn how to write hiragana and katakana. After liking Japanese for almost 5 years you'd think I'd be able to speak Japanese, or a least write some of it. But honestly my Japanese isn't that much better then it was 5 years ago. Which is honestly kind of sad. I really want to be able to speak Japanese, but I'm honestly too lazy to seriously learn it. Mostly because I don't really like memorizing everything. Japanese is a pretty easy language to learn too.

Anyway, here's my hiragana and katakana.


It's not all of them, but I had to find lessons online because my Japanese book doesn't teach you how to write them. I need to go online to find the correct stroke count.


Learning to write some basic Japanese inspired me to seriously learn Japanese. So, I started to read my Japanese language book yet again.


I got this book from my friend's sister. You can even see at the top it says A.C. That could be my initals, but it's not. I'm arsenic all the way! My initals are AS, AS=arsenic on the periodic table of elements. :]
I was super excited that she gave it to me. It's the only Japanese language book I have. When she gave it to me she said, "Sure, you can have it. I don't like the way they teach it. You'll see when you read it." And I now know what she means!

The way they teach it isn't helpful at all. They capitalize things that are meant to be spoken louder. Which is really confusing because it doesn't sound any different. They explain it by do re mi. Which is even more confusing! Sure I understand with goon morning, because I already know how to say that. But for words I've never heard before it's confusing.


It's sad because the book is pretty thick, and it teaches you a lot.


Some of the things they teach you are stupid though. When am I ever going to use magic mirror on the wall who is the fairest one of all? LOLZ.

I do like this part of the book though, they teach you new words. I feel awesome because it's simple and I can pronounce it easily.


They even try to go you more used to kanji.

And of course the hiragan and katakana charts.

0 comments: