Monday, June 29, 2009

Storm of the century

About two days ago my town got hit with one for the worst storms I've ever been alive for. It was easily the loudest thunder I have ever heard! I seriously thought we were going to have a tornado, because it started hailing. And my dad was like "It usually hails before a tornado." So that made me really scared. I tend to think the worst thins are going to happen in those situations.

Even though we didn't have a tornado our electricity went out twice. Once for 2 minutes, and then again for 10-15 minutes. The second time was because a telephone wire caught on fire a few blocks away from my house. Which I was so tempted to go and see. XD

The storm was so bad it even made a huge branch break off and almost crash into my house. Luckily it didn't, it was kind of resting up against slightly.
Here's some pictures I took of the storm.


I took this through my screen door while it was still raining. I wanted to get a picture of it while it was still raining for some reason. XD


Here's where the branch is touching my house, taken from my sideyard.


The snapped branch.


The branch touching my house, taken from my backyard.


I was so amazed the branch was touching the ground! XD


A horizontal view of it touching the ground.


Right after the storm the sky had a really nice glow from the sunset.


An evil face I spotted in the clouds. O_O


My flooded sidewalk. Which was 100 times worse when it was
actually raining.

0 comments: