Thursday, July 30, 2009

MakeDamnSure you're a Liar Without the E Last Summer

Last night I was really bored so I decided to watch Taking Back Sunday's loaded on Fuse. I was never a huge TBS fan, but I used to like them a few years back. I didn't even intend to watch the entire episode I just wanted to see which songs they would play.

The first song they played was Liar, and as soon as I heard it I just got a wave of nostalgia. I used to be in love with that song so much. If I had to pick a theme for my life in 2006, Liar would be it. I would listen to it constantly. That song made me get into TBS a little bit. I used to also quote the song a lot in my everyday life. Yes, when I was a n00bish 14 year old I would say I'm an addict for dramatics practically nonstop.

Looking back, that seems kind of stupid and annoying. But at the time I obviously didn't care. Liar made me think of so much stuff that happened 3 years ago. It was the first time I hung out with people who are pretty much my best friends now. It was just a good year all around.

Even though 3 years is nothing, I kind of miss that time. My life has changed drastically since then. There are people who used to mean a lot to me back then, that I don't even see anymore. In a way I kind of wish I could go back to that time. There's a lot of things I'd do over.

This is why I love music. Some insignificant song about being a liar, brought back some nostalgic memories. I wonder what 20 years from now I'll think of as I listen to Fall Out Boy, or any band for that matter.

0 comments: